During Dutch Design Week, MU will host a lively talk show in which authors speak aloud. By welcoming different guests, we will push the boundaries of design in a manner that is both intriguing for a broad audience - and engaging for experts and professional designers.
Create Out Loud is in collaboration witch and will be presented by Isolde Hallensleben and recorded on audio.
Create Out Loud #1: FOR PLAY Shaping Sexuality (23 October)
Designers today are willing to approach almost any topic. But sex? Here’s where they hesitate. Or why the playfulness of sex toy design is often limited to color varieties? Why should we reduce the value of sex by creating shabby instruments? What if we applied top-notch creative inventiveness to the most intimate experience of all? How can we shape sex into something more playful, exciting, and vulnerable via design?
Tom Loois & Sanne Muiser (designers and co-curators For Play), Dries Verhoeven (artist, Guilty Landscapes), Merel Stolker (performance artist), Gian van Grunsven (Journalist & host Sexiety), Twan van Bragt (Writer erotic stories Chair Affair) and Glenn da Silva (designer) among others.
Doors open at 17:30 event begins at 18.00
- Create Out Loud #1: Sunday October 23 - For Play, Shaping Sexuality
- Create Out Loud #2: Monday October 24 - Hybrid Design, on what design can be
- Create Out Loud #3: Tuesday October 25 - Spirituality in Design
- Create Out Loud #4: Wednesday October 26- Crafting Complex Materials
- Create Out Loud #5: Thursday October 27 - Fail Design, designing & solving world problems
- Create Out Loud #6: Friday October 28 - Parliament of Things
- Create Out Loud #7: Saturday October 29 - Sparking Tech & Design