During Dutch Design Week, MU will host a lively talk show in which authors speak aloud. By welcoming different guests, we will push the boundaries of design in a manner that is both intriguing for a broad audience - and engaging for experts and professional designers.
Create Out Loud is in collaboration witch and will be presented by Isolde Hallensleben and recorded on audio.
Create Out Loud #3: Spirituality in Design (25 October)
Design inspiration can arise from the awareness that more than production and consumerism are propelling our neo-liberal capitalist reality. According to Stuart Walker, Professor of Design for Sustainability, a more spiritual approach to design will help to shape the future in a more ethical and economical way. The big question: How can designers develop work from a more personally spiritual and ethical perspective? How can we lift our material culture via the profound notion that the search for deeper personal meaning - in everything around us - can help to create inner peace, happiness, and a sincere genuine sustainable future?
Bas van Abel (DDW ambassador and designer of the FairPhone), Wendy Plomp & Remco van der Craats (Dutch Invertuals), Sander Wassink (ontwerper) and Dave Hakkens (designer), among others.
Doors open at 17:30 event begins at 18.00
- Create Out Loud #1: Sunday October 23 - For Play, Shaping Sexuality
- Create Out Loud #2: Monday October 24 - Hybrid Design, on what design can be
- Create Out Loud #3: Tuesday October 25 - Spirituality in Design
- Create Out Loud #4: Wednesday October 26- Crafting Complex Materials
- Create Out Loud #5: Thursday October 27 - Fail Design, designing & solving world problems
- Create Out Loud #6: Friday October 28 - Parliament of Things
- Create Out Loud #7: Saturday October 29 - Sparking Tech & Design