During Dutch Design Week, MU will host a lively talk show in which authors speak aloud. By welcoming different guests, we will push the boundaries of design in a manner that is both intriguing for a broad audience - and engaging for experts and professional designers.
Create Out Loud is in collaboration witch and will be presented by Isolde Hallensleben and recorded on audio.
Create Out Loud #4: Crafting Complex Materials (26 October)
New technology leads to new materials, new materials lead to new applications and smart combinations of existing and new materials offer unprecedented new possibilities. The combination of craftsmanship, technological complexity, synthetic (bio) technology, and material experimentation leads to an unabated momentum of exciting and potentially sustainable solutions that have the potential to change the future. We will talk with and about designers as inventors, producers and users of new complex materials.
Jalila Essaïdi (BioArt Laboratories, Eindhoven), Lilian van Daal & Roos Meerman (designers and winners of the Bio Art & Design Award 2016), Yu-Lan van Alphen (New Material Award, DOEN), Giulia Tomasello (design researcher) and Diana Scherer (Artist, New Material Award nominee), among others.
Doors open at 17:30 event begins at 18.00
- Create Out Loud #1: Sunday October 23 - For Play, Shaping Sexuality
- Create Out Loud #2: Monday October 24 - Hybrid Design, on what design can be
- Create Out Loud #3: Tuesday October 25 - Spirituality in Design
- Create Out Loud #4: Wednesday October 26- Crafting Complex Materials
- Create Out Loud #5: Thursday October 27 - Fail Design, designing & solving world problems
- Create Out Loud #6: Friday October 28 - Parliament of Things
- Create Out Loud #7: Saturday October 29 - Sparking Tech & Design