During Dutch Design Week, MU will host a lively talk show in which authors speak aloud. By welcoming different guests, we will push the boundaries of design in a manner that is both intriguing for a broad audience - and engaging for experts and professional designers.
Create Out Loud is in collaboration witch and will be presented by Isolde Hallensleben and recorded on audio.
Create Out Loud #6: Parliament of Things (28 October)
Man speaks not only on his own behalf, but also on behalf of the universe, the rain forest, the animals, and the cities. With his Parliament of Things, sociologist and philosopher Bruno Latour pleas for the right of the object. He advocates a vision in which the values (rather than the value) of things and other entities truly count. The Parliament of Things ignores anthropocentric thinking in which man occupies a place at the center of existence and questions the relationship between ourselves and objects. The Parliament of Things explores what it means for us, as Westerners, to speak for nature and objects. How does a beech experiences autumn and how enlightened is a lamp?
Joost Janmaat & Thijs Middendorp (Partizan Publik, promoters of the Parliament of Things), Lotte van den Berg (theatremaker), Eva Meijer (philosopher, artist, author of Animal Language, and PhD student on the political voice of animals) and Fien Veldman (Winner essay contest De Correspondent) among others.
Doors open at 17:30 event begins at 18.00
- Create Out Loud #1: Sunday October 23 - For Play, Shaping Sexuality
- Create Out Loud #2: Monday October 24 - Hybrid Design, on what design can be
- Create Out Loud #3: Tuesday October 25 - Spirituality in Design
- Create Out Loud #4: Wednesday October 26- Crafting Complex Materials
- Create Out Loud #5: Thursday October 27 - Fail Design, designing & solving world problems
- Create Out Loud #6: Friday October 28 - Parliament of Things
- Create Out Loud #7: Saturday October 29 - Sparking Tech & Design