[The book presentation is in Dutch]
Thursday 27 August, the remarkable book Kunst&Wetenschap (Art&Science) by Peter de Jaeger will be presented at MU Hybrid Art House. The illustrated book describes numerous examples of cross-pollination between artists and scientists, and the added value of these collaborations. The book is divided into different disciplines like medicine, math, bio art and architecture.
The presentation features several speakers, including philosopher and artist Koert van Menschvoort of Next Nature Network; microbiologist Han Wösten, who will talk about his collaboration with designers who use microorganisms, and mathematician Tom Verhoeff, who made a dance performance together with a choreographer.
Doors open: 19.30
Program ends between 22.00 and 22.30
Tickets: 5 Euro / Students 2,50 Euro / Free for We Are Public members
Get your tickets via Evenbrite.
You can find more info about the programme here.
Click here for the MU COVID-19 Visitor conditions, Sanitation
guidelines and Health precautions.
VISITOR CONDITIONS, SANITATION GUIDELINES AND HEALTH PRECAUTIONS
*MU COVID-19 Visitor conditions
1. Don’t go out with symptoms of illness, including a head cold, running nose, sore throat, light cough or a temperature. You are welcome if you and your household members have been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
2. Children up to twelve years old are not required to maintain 1,5 metres distance from others.
3. Young people up to 18 years old are not required to maintain 1,5 metres distance among themselves.
They do need to keep 1,5 metres distance from adults who do not belong to the same party.
4. Certain situations make it very hard to maintain 1,5 metres distance.
Especially people who need assistance and their companions are exempted from the 1,5 metres guideline.
5. Avoid public transportation during rush hours.
6. PIN only (debit card).
7. Keep a distance of 1.5 meter from visitors who are not members of your party.
8. Always follow directions by MU staff.
9. Always follow the sanitation guidelines.
**MU COVID-19 Sanitation guidelines
1. To watch a VR installation, first ask our staff at the desk to disinfect the gear. Use at your own risk.
2. Clean any headphones before use with the available disinfectants at MU. Use at your own risk.
3. Wash your hands frequently, especially after actions involving surface contact in places accessible to others.
In general: before you go out, when you return back home, after blowing your nose, before meals and after visiting the bathroom.
In MU: wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds, dry with a paper towel. Dispose of towels in the lidded bin.
4. Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
5. Use paper tissues to blow your nose and dispose of them immediately in a lidded bin.
6. Wash your hands after blowing your nose.
7. Don’t shake hands.
8. Keep a distance of 1.5 meter from people who are not a household member.
***MU COVID-19 Health precautions
1. Do you have any symptoms of a cold, like a head cold, running nose, sore throat, light cough or a temperature (up to 38°C)? Do a test. Stay at home.
2. Do you have symptoms of a cold and a fever (over 38°C) and/or tightness of the chest? Or do you have a household member with these symptoms? Get tested. Stay at home; the same applies to your household members.