Are you an enthusiastic and driven student with a passion for digital culture and archiving? Would you like to be involved in making an archive covering 25 years of contemporary art history accessible in an innovative way? Then MU is the place to be NOW!
For the specially developed MU Hybrid ArcHive, we are looking for an intern to help make MU's rich and idiosyncratic history in the heart of Eindhoven accessible via our new platform. As an intern, you will work on researching, curating and presenting archive material via the new online platform. You will play a key role in translating the digitised archive into MU's hybrid and interactive online space. You will also help improve the platform through contact with the target audience and umbrella parties. You will work closely with the project manager, the developer and the MU team to achieve this goal.
What will you do?
- Work with the MU team to bring Hybrid ArcHive to life and enrich it.
- Thoroughly research MU's archive over the past 25 years.
- Co-develop digital tours.
- Managing and maintaining our CMS system.
- Testing the new platform with the intended audience.
Who are we looking for:
- A motivated intern available for the period from 1 December 2023 to 1 July 2024 (or part of it, but at least 3 to 6 consecutive months).
- Full-time/Part-time availability.
- A student at MBO or HBO level, preferably in fields of study such as: Creative Writing, CMD, Art History or design.
- Excellent command of both Dutch and English, both verbal and written.
- Experience with content management systems is a plus.
- Experience with or interest in digital culture.
- Affinity with the cultural sector and MU's broad perspective in particular.
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Proactive, solution-oriented and flexible.
- Team player with strong social skills.
What we offer:
The opportunity to gain valuable experience in archiving, curation and digital platform development within an inspiring cultural environment through collaboration with a close-knit and passionate team.
Are you the intern who can help us translate MU's rich past into the future and make it accessible to a wide audience? Then send your CV and cover letter to MU's Hybrid ArcHive project manager Tijn La Vos at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!